Wednesday, September 28, 2005

Art..."In My Eyes"

So I'm going to tell a story to help draw a picture in your brain of my opinion...Ok..So I'm going to try.

My Junior year in High School, I was in AP(advanced placement) ART. You were suppose to be a senior before you took it...But well yea I kissed a lot of ass and did a lot of awesome work to show my teachers I needed to be there...I found what made me happy...It was molding everything and anything around me into some form of an artistic gesture.

Now in my art classes it was pretty decent..Yes we had assignments but they were some sort of broad...You had a realm of what it was that you could put on that blank slate. Guidelines, yes, but any further than that and it became structured and more about the history of art.

Well until my Junior year. I was in class and my teacher was telling us about an upcoming art show..And that everyone was to do a project. I was doing a wax & Dye Canvas project...It was awesome, I loved the medias I was using...Something new to me but my limits were boundless...Well at the time it seemed so. Anyhow I got started on this project, and my teacher decided I needed some advise....And it wasn't on how to use the media. She decided I needed to add a whole bunch of things to this awesome painting. And well yea being a student at the time I followed the teachers directions...Did what I was told. Well it went into the art show..Not so much as a mention...But oh well..

how ever some of you may have seen that very piece of art in my mothers living room, you will notice...My name is not on it anywhere...I claim nothing of that painting...Because it didn't come from me. I feel as though my teacher might as well have just signed it...Now my mother and everyone else that came into her house oooo's and ahhhh's over it...I could care less...I feel as though every one of those brush strokes were from someone else...I refuse to take credit for it.

Anyhow I told you that story for a reason...Art is something that comes from within a person. There is no direction...Guide lines...It's free...Whatever comes from that persons mind and spirit. As to someone else it may look as though it came out of a trash can, and to some they may not see anything at all...But to that person who created it they can see anything.

as for the picture below...All of those things have something in common...They are all things I have interest in..Have a memory with, or they express a feeling I have...Either way it all came from me.

11 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Shana said...

You should not have to exlain yourself...your art is your art...pookis "constructive critisism" could have been stated a bit better...."I hate to be a downer" is a horrible way to start a statement that is going to be negative...identifying your "credentials" was an okay thing...but my 2year old claims to "be an artist"....as for where and how the photos were placed..."as an artist..." one would KNOW what Anna had to write out here.....art is in the mind of the creator....and I do hope you do not critisize your child with "WTF....." that is so immature...makes you sound like a 13 year old...."constrtuctive critisism" is a useful thing that everyone should learn to listen too without getting ofended...but the giver of this critisism should be able to pass it on in a manner that does not blatently say "you suck"....

Anonymous said...

must be pms day in anchorage. g'damn ok so i coulda said it a little more ellequently bite me.

Heidi said...

why do guys always blame PMS....can't we have an opinion without it being blamed on hormones?

Shana said...

PMS huh... men do always blame PMS..well Putting up With Mens Shit is a tough job and we deserve our off days. As a matter of fact I AM NOT pms's....I am sick and tired of STUPID PEOPLE....I do not understand why people have to be negative at all....did no one elses mom teach them..."If you cant say something nice....shut your f$%^& mouth"

Princess Sarah said...

wow this is a heated discussion. I dont know who "pookie" is but he dont sound like a pookie kinda guy to me, if he can dish this negative out, why cant he take it too, like a man! i dont like to be judgemental towards people but he has bug up his butt or something to be like this what is the deal ganging up on 4 chicks. I care about my friend anna, i dont like when someone non deserving of my friend being rather bluntly rude about his opinion i think you need to look at life more open minded! maybe you should try making some art so we can see it. anna you deserve better.someone who thinks before they speaks, it is ok to be honest, but then there is a thing as tact.

Anonymous said...

now you crossed the line with the stupid people comment, i was gonna leave this be, but now i'm gonna have to come up with something to really get your knickers in a bunch. On second though, i'm not gonna debase myself and bother to carry this further, and sorry but i'll say what the fuck i please, even if its something not nice. welcome to america and my "god" given rights.

now, for this little bit :"someone who thinks before they speaks, it is ok to be honest, but then there is a thing as tact."

thats wonderful, truely truely wonderful. Now some of us in the world have a lil disability whereas thinking before speaking is a little difficult. Now, i wont blame my ADD solely as i do have teh coping skills to think things through. However, you need to stop being "judgemental" as to who is deserveing and non deserving of your friend, its not up to you to decide or even up to you to tell her who she should and shouldnt be friends with.

In all honesty, i could really care less what you wenches have to say, its been throughly fun to watch you rile yourselves up and feed off each others comments. You've proven the female stereotype so very right. Oh and before i forget woman where the hell did you come up with this "if he can dish this negative out, why cant he take it too, like a man!" ??? i'm looking back at previous posts and so far i havent seen anything that could be misconstrued as not being able to take it. Figure out what yoru saying before you say it. OH wait thats thinking before speaking!

Heidi said...

PHEWWWWWWWW.....wow....okay...pooki i love debating you...this is fun for me!!!! Lets move on to a new subject that doesn't hurt anna.....so what do you think about ...lets say....ANWAR

Anonymous said...

Anwar? open that fucker up, make an all alaska pipe line route. So many jobs would open up, and mainly i would have an oppotunity getting out of my shit job and into a real one. But besides that it would bring so much money to the state AND to the PFD. burn tree huggers burn!!!

Shana said...

okay okay I will quit....but it is kinda fun...poki talk about getting your knickers in a bunch....hehehe...bet that hurts when your a man.....