Tuesday, March 14, 2006

Ok...So back to the drunks...

This has become the new routine for the day shift at the new store...Not quite as event full as the night shift but hey I get to have a little fun..."The regulars"


So this morning I open the doors...Ready for the awaiting crowd... I get the usualls that get off work @ 8am and are headed home ( I find these things out..Think being a hair dresser is bad?...)they are cool I see them once a day...Good peoples...Steel reserve 211 40oz...

Then as the hour strays on I have the "couple" that come in every morning who are...hmmm...Members..Of *anchor house...White male age 50 6'4"150lbs maybe long hair...Native female age 35 4'9" 150lbs...GPC 100's, GPC king, reese's king, paid separately.

Any minute now "the buglar lady"...Or "the flip flop lady"(she likes to show up at -10 with no coat wearing shorts or a short dress and flip flop fall on my head dress shoe kinda things.) She is now presumed our recent fire bug suspect...A week ago someone lit the trashcan on fire and shattered a window and charred up the side of the building pretty good. Come to find out she's a member of *anchor house as well..And has a criminal background of arson...Single Dr. Pepper in a 12oz can 3 muskiteers 1 package buglar rolling tobacco.

the old man in the orange coat...heh..I can't describe this one I don't know if I can...But he as well is a member of *anchor house...1 camel filter king 1 package top tobacco..Paid separately must have receipt and bag...

oh and don't forget the deliveries that are coming into a store with no back stock space...600 hundred's cases of beer on the wall ...Take one down pass it around 600 cases of beer on the wall...

hmmm here's a new one...ohhh pause at the "out only " sign(new inebriation technology...Arctic entry way..Entrance from there is to the right and exit from the store to the left..With large white signs and big black bold print that say in and out only all automatic sliding doors...If consumer pauses at out only door and takes more than 10 seconds to realize they are in the wrong place and that door really isn't going to open...We have to wonder...)oh that was long sorry...Any how only a slight pause...5'10" native male straw hat long hair jean jacket and boot...Not worried but I'm cautious...12c natural ice...

3 hours later...Same native male...Oops almost ran into the out door this time...hmm...oooo 24 can natural ice...heh oops watch out for that big display of beer sir...somethings different though...It's the hat!. This time it looks like it was sat on crushed and ran through the garbage disposal...I don't recall that.. Knowing full well this man is well over 45..."Do you have ID sir?"..."YYYes"..Whoa...My daily does of beer in one breath..."Have you been drinking already today sir?" .."Yea you just sold me a half rack"...Trying to hold in the chuckle.."Sorry sir I cant sell you any more liquor today"..And well I probly should repeat the words he mentioned on his way out the door....


And the day was only half over...HAPPY MONDAY!


* Anchor House.. the local I'm a nut job half way house...only alowed to purchase tobacco and food ..refused liquor sale due to psyciatric medications and some other reasons.

5 comments:

Heidi said...

You meet the funnest people.

john r mclay said...

Burnt building sucks. Think she was out of meds?

Anonymous said...

I thunk I is one of you kustermers, is you nam Janit? I likes you, yu ar nice to me. Yu helps mee roll me cigerites wen mi fingrs an hannds shook i lik wine you sell too me frinds yu isa nicee lady we is tookencomputer class in th homme a nic lady com to lern us 2 day a week

Shana said...

wow this dude must leave the liquor store and head to star bucks...(they have computers)

Anna said...

LOL...yea ok whatever...have to say if you werte a customer of mine i'd probly wouldn't be selling to ya